Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pusha T Talks G.O.O.D. Deal & Solo Career


If his signing to G.O.O.D. is a solo situation or if it includes he and his brother: As we speak right now, it’s a solo situation. We’ve been in talks about including the Clipse album as well.

How Malice feels about his decision to pursue a solo career: We’re still making music. He’s actually working on a book and a film right now, so his “down time” isn’t so down. It’s something we’ve always discussed just with having the whole Re-Up Gang situation. We were just like we need to expand on the brand as much as possible. If that means putting out a Clipse album, a Re-Up Gang album, a solo album , anything that just makes the brand grow.

An update on his Fear Of God mixtape: I don’t have the features, so I don’t really want to say just yet. It’s just about being the first solo perspective of myself and seeing me in that light. Of course, it will always be street and lyric driven Hip-Hop. I think the dichotomy of the Clipse is one of those things where Malice is more of the thinker and the introspective one and I’m usually known as the wordplay one or the one who is a bit more brash. When we attack records, he usually takes that part and I usually take the wordplay aspect. But it’s not that I don’t think or I’m not introspective or have a conscious side to me. So I think you’re going to see all of those sides of me on the mixtape.

He says he’s about to get in the studio with Bangladesh and Pharrell for his solo debut and that he’s already got a few joints done with Kanye, he talks about if he feels torn between the Wale/Kid Cudi situation (he doesn’t,) if his VMA performance was any indication that his fashion style might change, wearing suits (he says he was in a suit on the HHNF cover?,) the Clipse sitting out this new Drake tour, and when asked of his thoughts on the Jim Jones/Cam’ron version of Runaway… “haven’t heard it, is it good?”

No comments:

Post a Comment